Living Faith Church of the Brethren
Continuing the work of Jesus...
310 North 250 West
Flora, Indiana 46929
(888) 650-7710 (toll free)
Living Faith Church of the Brethren became an
official congregation of the Church of the Brethren on October 28, 1999. Living Faith is a result of the merger
of the Bachelor Run, Flora, and Pittsburg Churches of
the Brethren in Carroll County, Indiana.
The purpose of this church is to proclaim
Jesus Christ, His way of life, and His saving power
in this community and throughout the world.
The name "Living Faith" speaks to the congregation's desire to live and work in the Spirit of Jesus Christ as it worships, preaches, teaches, evangelizes, and serves.
AFFIRMATION OF FAITH
- Is founded upon the faith that there is but one God who is a personal Father God who in holy love creates, sustains, and orders all.
- Confesses Jesus Christ as the Lord of the church and of all life.
- Believes that the Holy Spirit is at work in the hearts and minds of believers, creating and sustaining the Church through the gospel, giving guidance and comfort, and uniting believers with their Lord and with one another.
- Maintains the New Testament as its only creed and rule of faith. In the Holy Scriptures is recorded God's search for all persons that is climaxed in God's redemptive act through Christ. Through His Holy Word God still speaks and continues to accomplish His redemptive purpose.
- Believes that the gospel is the Good News that God was in Christ reconciling the world upon Himself. Through the gospel, God's sovereign will and Christ's redeeming grace are revealed.
- Holds that the church is the body of Christ and is under the Lord's mandate to be faithful in accepting and transmitting the gospel by word and deed.
- Considers that all members of the congregation are responsible for the total ministry of the church.
- Accepts the ministry of the church to be the proclamation and fulfillment of the gospel for all people both near and far, and the nurture of the individual believers in the Christian faith and life.
The Church of the Brethren symbol
upholds images of life in Jesus Christ
IMAGES TO LIVE BY
The CROSS recalls our baptism into Christ's death and resurrection (Romans 6:4) and testifies to God's plan to bring "all in heaven and earth...into a unity in Christ" (Ephesians 1:10 NEB).
The CIRCLE, partially defined, represents the world into which we are sent by Christ (Matthew 28:19). The circle also affirms that as members of Christ's body we are members one of another (Romans 12:5) - a people who confess "one Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5).
The WAVE connotes new life in Christ, "born of water and the Spirit" (John 3:5). The wave further evokes the waters of justice (Amos 5:24), the cup of water offers in Christ's name (Mark 9:41), the basin and towel (John 13:5), and "springs of living water" (Revelation 7:17).
Images central to life in Jesus Christ thus are lifted up
as images for Brethren to live by.
Living on Faith, Navigating Reality blog